By Matt Floyd
Your entire advisor to scripting robust QlikView applications
- Understand every thing approximately QlikView, from structuring a script to solving it to charting item problems
- Packed packed with info and code examples that will help you to appreciate the most important thoughts and lines of QlikView
- Informative screenshots assist you navigate QlikView’s scripting menus and dialogs
QlikView is a robust enterprise intelligence and information discovery platform that enables humans to quick increase suitable facts visualization functions for enterprise clients. The relative ease of QlikView development—including backend scripting—allows purposes to be constructed swiftly, and permits extra collaboration in software improvement for enterprise users.
A accomplished consultant that provides QlikView builders a wealthy dialogue of scripting subject matters, from easy to complex strategies, beneficial properties, and services in a compact mini-book layout. This publication permits builders to quick achieve self belief in figuring out and increasing their QlikView scripting wisdom, and serves as a springboard for much more complex subject matters in QlikView scripting.
The booklet begins through masking simple subject matters corresponding to connecting to info assets, scripting, facing load statements, info ameliorations, and the recommendations of the fundamental info version. It then dives into complicated strategies corresponding to complicated scripting and information version optimization, the construction and use of QlikView datafiles, debugging, and crucial services and contours. It additionally presents structure suggestions for builders. Qlikview Scripting is a smart evaluate and reference consultant for newbie to intermediate Qlikview developers.
What you'll study from this book
- Connect to numerous facts assets, from exterior documents to OLEDB/ODBC databases
- Develop and constitution a QlikView script
- Transform info whereas loading from an exterior script
- Discover the QlikView facts modeling concept and the significance of structuring the information model
- Optimize the information version by utilizing desk sign up for concatenations, key tables, period matching, and different invaluable scripting features
- Use the QlikView desk Viewer that will help you constitution your facts model
- Create, use, and think about details contained in QlikView info documents (QVDs)
- Debug QlikView scripts and connect difficulties utilizing the syntax checker, logs, and the QlikView Debugger
- Leverage dimensions and expressions in QlikView chart items within the presentation layer
- Understand universal and helpful QlikView script services and expressions
This mini ebook deals information regarding QlikView scripting written in an easy-to-understand demeanour, and covers QlikView scripting from easy to complicated good points in a compact format.
Who this booklet is written for
If you're a simple orintermediate developer with a few wisdom of QlikView purposes and a simple realizing of QlikView scripting and information extraction and manipulation, this e-book may be nice for you. while you are a complicated consumer, you can even use this e-book as a reference advisor and educating relief. while you're a QlikView undertaking crew member comparable to a company consumer, data/ETL expert, venture supervisor, or structures analyst, you may also reap the benefits of gaining an figuring out of the constitution and the demanding situations of writing a good and necessary QlikView application.
Read or Download QlikView Scripting PDF
Best data modeling & design books
The technological know-how of simulation and modeling (SM) strives to exhibit the top attainable point of fact to be able to verify the stipulations precious for optimum functionality. SM is a multifaceted and intricate box end result of the quite a few functions concerned, fairly because SM purposes variety from nuclear response to grocery store queuing.
Hydrologists, climatologists, soil scientists and environmental engineers are often requested to examine advanced environmental difficulties. it's turning into more and more obvious that those difficulties frequently contain feedbacks among atmospheric, ecological, and hydrological platforms, in addition to human society.
Complicated info know-how is pervasive in any form of human job - technology, enterprise, finance, administration and others - and this can be quite actual for database structures. either database thought and database functions represent an important a part of the state-of-the-art of desktop technological know-how.
- Struktur und Interpretation von Computerprogrammen: Eine Informatik-Einführung
- Introduction To Database Management System
- Managing Data in Motion: Data Integration Best Practice Techniques and Technologies
- Database: Step-By-Step
Additional info for QlikView Scripting
To do so, click on Cancel, then select the Edit Script icon, File | Edit Script command, or Ctrl + E to open the Script Editor window. The Script Editor window displays. The main part of the Script Editor is the large scripting pane, where scripts are created and edited. By default, the script is already populated with common settings that describe how QlikView should handle numeric values, currency, time, date, timestamp, month, and days. Hidden scripts The Hidden Script feature in QlikView is useful when you want to hide portions or all of your QlikView script from users.
Enter a password for the data source if prompted. Once connected, notice that QlikView inserts a connect statement into the script, such as ODBC CONNECT TO [DATABASE NAME;DBQ=DBNAME];. From this point, the database is connected to QlikView and you may now create SELECT statements to start building your script. If you are not connected to the database when moving forward, you will be prompted for the data source again. In the Script Editor window, press Enter once or twice to advance to the next line after the connect statement, and click on the Select button to select the database tables.
Debugging QlikView script debugger Using the Exit Script function Using syntax checker Common QlikView script errors Debugging using logfiles Using find/replace in debugging Removing or partially loading data Summary 9. Layout Tips for Developers Your KPI story Layout consistency Layout best practices Optimizing your QlikView application user interface Using themes for a consistent look Creating a new QlikView theme Applying themes Containers Dimension limits Color alerts and calculated colors Using visual cues Alternate states Set analysis Set analysis syntax Set identifier Set operators Set modifiers Summary Index QlikView Scripting QlikView Scripting Copyright © 2013 Packt Publishing All rights reserved.
QlikView Scripting by Matt Floyd